Alice in Wonderland Voices: Alan Rickman, Caterpillar, Michael Sheen, White Rabbit

The Voices of Wonderland: Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar, Michael Sheen as the White Rabbit, Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat, Timothy Spall as Bayard the Bloodhound, Barbara Windsor as the Dormouse, Christopher Lee as the Jabberwocky, Michael Gough as the Dodo, and Paul Whitehouse as the March Hare

``It was important to me to have a real, heavy British flavor, says Burton of the ``ALICE IN WONDERLAND voice cast which includes Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar, Michael Sheen as the White Rabbit, Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat, Timothy Spall as Bayard the Bloodhound, Barbara Windsor as the Dormouse, Christopher Lee as the Jabberwocky, Michael Gough as the Dodo, and Paul Whitehouse as the March Hare. ``There are lots of people I've always admired.

``I wanted to try and make the animated voices not overly animated, so they all felt like they were in the same world, Burton continues. ``I didn't want them to feel like live-action characters in a completely animated world, so I tried to make the live-action a bit more extreme, and then with the animation, I tried to bring it back. I was lucky enough to get really great actors who-if they had done it as humans would have been great-brought the animated characters up to the level of the live-action.

``I wished I could have put the suit on and run around with the ears and the tail, laughs Michael Sheen, who provided the voice of the White Rabbit. ``Unfortunately, I just got to be in a sound studio doing the voice. Tim very much wanted the characters not to be too cartoonish, so it was just a question of getting the tone right. Most of the characters in 'Alice' are quite posh. Upper-middle-class characters.

No comments: