Female Star of Tomorrow: Abigail Breslin


Her fave food is pizza. She loves to shop at Abercrombie's. Her favorite book is "Anne of Green Gables." She is pretty good with a vacuum. And she "hates, hates, hates" math.

Breslin, 11, is so adorable that even the sea lions on her latest film, "Nim's Island," fell for her. "The sea lions come up to you and give you kisses," she reveals. "They smell like fish."

The animal-lover in Breslin, however, really prefers the big critters. "I collect elephants," she says. "Stuffed animals -- everything. My grandma gave me this ark that has elephants on it. It's hanging in my bedroom. I like to write poems about pets and stuff like that. And, at the moment, I'm making sock monkeys. I use different color buttons for the eyes. It looks good."

And the big news is Breslin's most recent acquisition. "I got a kitten," she says. "His name is Blou Reed and he's a blue Siberian." But she doesn't take her kitten to work. "People are always coming in and out of the trailer. I don't want him to run away," she explains.

Animals aside, what Breslin enjoys most about making movies is fairly typical for a girl her age.

"In 'Nim's Island,' I got to wear a lot a clothes," the star says. And she dons a blond wig in the upcoming "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl."

So, what did she think about her blond locks? "I looked very different," Breslin says. "Some people didn't recognize me -- like my Uncle Kevin, who said, 'Who's that girl?' And my mother said, 'That's Abby.'"

Clothes and unusual hair color also figure big into her most-admired list. "I like Margaret O'Brien and Meryl Streep," Breslin says. "I liked 'The Devil Wears Prada.' She gets very angry in the movie but she doesn't yell. And I loved all the clothes."

Brand new Abigail Breslin movie: Nim's Island

No comments: